BANTAM CHICKS-WHAT BREED? ****PICS****

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickiezz, May 6, 2009.

1. Chickiezz

Chickiezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    I got these chicks a few weeks ago from TSC. They are all bantams but out of 6, I only know I have a Frizzle and a Silkie. I'm really curious about what breeds they are so please post! Even a guess would be nice! Pic#1 & Pic#2 are the breeds I really want to know.

*PIC#1
    Has no feathered feet.
    [​IMG]
    *PIC#2
    Has no feathered feet.
    [​IMG]
    PIC#3
    Has feathered feet.
    [​IMG]
    PIC#4
    Has feathered feet, with more white on belly and chest.
    [​IMG]

SORRY FOR THE BAD PICS! PLEASE REPLY! Thanks![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    i also would like to know what the first one is ... i have 2 of them ..they seem smaller than my other banties .. could they be a japanese breed possibly? blue or lavender???

3. Chickiezz

Apr 14, 2009
    I have been told that it was a Japanese too. I wouldn't think that TSC would sell them though...[​IMG]

4. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

the only bantams that I know of TSC having are cochins and brahmas in the feather footed varieties if that helps [​IMG]

5. Chickiezz

Apr 14, 2009
    ok thanks...in my area they sell silkies and frizzles too...I don't know what else....?

6. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    i dont know.. i do know they came from mt. healthy.. i may call them & ask . why wouldnt they sell japanese chicks?
    why else would they be so small?

7. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

You don't have pictures of their legs, but if #2 has greenish or greyish legs it may be an Americuana. It looks similar to one I have.

8. Chickiezz

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Yeah it has grayish legs....are those the ones that lay colorful eggs? ooooo I hope it's not a roo then!

9. Chickiezz

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:I don't know I just never heard of TSC selling the Japanese chicks....

10. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

We got 2 golden seabrights, 2 black (or barred) cochins bantams, and 2 mystery bantams from TSC...your #4 looks like my cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by