Bantam Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ShipChick13, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ShipChick13

ShipChick13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    Shippensburg PA
    My boyfriend and I are very new to chickens we've only had these 3 Bantam chicks for about 2 days. I've been doing lots of research and have looked at so many different pictures of chicks over the past 2 days! I'm pretty sure I have 2 Dutch Bantam's and I'm completely clueless when it comes to the 3rd. Any help or guesses would be greatly appreciated! :) Also the last picture here this chick has what looks like a smashed toe and it also has what looks like a bit of dried blood on it's beak :( Do you think that either issue will cause the chick problems later on in life? It was like that when we bought the poor thing. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ArtGirl

ArtGirl Chicken crazy

The blood is just probable from them arguing with each other in the pen. If the toe was a problem it would be limping or having a hard time moving. If they start to have trouble electrolytes (save a chick) REALY helps.[​IMG]

3. ShipChick13

Mar 19, 2013
    Shippensburg PA
    Thanks! The toe does not seem to bother him/her :) Should I attempt to swab away some of the dried blood? or should I just leave it be?

4. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I would leave it be if its already dried and dark. I wouldn't want it bleeding again for messing with it. Chicks will Peck when they see red. As is it should be fine.

5. ShipChick13

Mar 19, 2013
    Shippensburg PA
    Can anyone tell me if they think the 2 darker chicks are Dutch bantams?

6. GrandRapidsGirl

GrandRapidsGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    I have a couple that look very similar to me that people are telling me are Old English Game Bantams. Mine seem like maybe Silver Duckwings or possibly Phoenix. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by