Bantam cochin and silkie... genders?

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
I'll have to get pictures, but until I snap some, edit and get them uploaded, can you even sex them at about 5 weeks? If I remember correctly, the silkies are a pain in the butt to sex. I'll try to get pictures.

Alright, they're about 6 weeks old or so. I have shots of the cochin, but haven't updated the silkie shots.

Excuse the hospital slipper socks and the bright green jammies (hey, it's about midnight, I'm allowed!)
VultureBird33-30-09.jpg

VultureBird23-30-09.jpg

VultureBird13-30-09.jpg

Please, please tell me this is a pullet! Lol. I can't keep roos, and this Vulture Bird is my little buddy, despite trying not to get attached in case of the whole roo deal.
hmm.png

I agree. It's a girl. I have 12 frizzle Cochins that are 7 weeks old and it was pretty easy to tell at about 3 weeks. One of my roos tried to crow this morning!.

That's definitley a girl. We just got two bantams and our boy
barnie.gif
was clearly a boy at about three weeks. Here are some pictures of our ours to help you compare.

Here they are at 7 weeks

9400_img_2582.jpg

9400_img_2487.jpg

9400_img_2501.jpg

Yippie! Thanks guys! I love this bird and I was worrying the whole time, hoping it wouldn't turn out to be a boy that we'd have to get rid of.
hmm.png
I'm glad I get to keep her, and I'm sure our son will be too (she's the only bird that will let him touch her).

Yup, girl. I have a brooder full of one month old boys downstairs and it's very obvious, though they aren't crowing, yet. Red bigger combs and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom