Bantam cochin eggs in NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hazelton farms, Feb 16, 2008.

1. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I lost the PM's from the three people that asked me about the bantam cochin eggs. Christine or Christiana?? I think... I can't remember which way... Anyway, can y'all email me? I just candled at four days and most of them are growing. I think the splash is still not ponying up, but since only two eggs a day are coming from that pen and the other ten from the black/blue/maybe mottled pen, it should be pretty close to gettting a good hatch. If I can catch them before the kids go out and pull eggs, I'll keep the splashes out of the mix. I'll include extras though, to make up for those in case they get in there. [​IMG]

Anyway, please PM me again or email me at [email protected] so I can start getting them out. We put 30 in four days ago and now have another flat of 30+ sitting in the kitchen and no room left in the bator!! So we'll boil those and send fresh ones, don't worry. [​IMG]

Stacy

2. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Hey for all those who where asking me about Bantam Cochin hatching eggs here is you a good chance to get some of my bloodline of birds as Stacy has quite a few of my hens in her flock..

And Stacy does a terrific job of packing eggs. I have gotten eggs from her numerous times.

James

3. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Thanks James! [​IMG]

Stacy... I PM you! [​IMG]

Mitzi

4. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Umm.. before I hardboil these last four days' worth of eggs, does anyone close to me want to meet up and swap eggs? I can't take yours right now (because the bator is full!), but you could take this flat of mine. When I get some room, maybe you could meet up with me later again when you've got something I need. [​IMG] I'm looking for dark egg layers and I wouldn't mind some duck eggs. Whatever. I hatch sometimes just for fun. Just don't need any bantam cochin, standard cochin or buff orp. eggs. LOL!!

Stacy

5. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Ah...thank you very much James! LOL!!! Or was this a plug for your cochins! hahaha... KIDDING!! James doesn't HAVE any more of his own!! LOL!!

Stacy

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Stacy I am one of the ones that PMed you last week. I Pmed you just now also so if you dont get it just Pm me.

Thanks Kris

7. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Thanks Kris, I got it and am going to PM you back here in a minute.

I think I need to explain my pens a bit more. [​IMG]

My splashes, four of them, one roo, three hens are laying between them, two eggs a day. However, it's been that pen alone that is not coming up fertile yet.

My blue and black hens are covered with a black roo. A couple of my black hens have mottling in their back ground and do throw that color for me. That's two hens out of the ten that are in that pen. The rest of the hens are black and blues.

So, two separate pens. The black and blue pen is the one with the eggs coming up fertile.

I've agreed to take the extra splashes that I won't put into the mix to someone at the Raleigh meet if I can catch the kids before they pull them, but when I mail them out, as long as I caught the kids, I won't mail those out to you in the mix.

What it comes down to is, you won't be getting splashes from me, one way or the other, until my splash rooster decides he's going to 'fall in love' with his girls and make the eggs fertile. You will only get blacks and blues because of the genetics of the 'blue gene'.

I apologize if I confused anyone and I hope this explains it. [​IMG]

Stacy

8. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Maybe the cochins in that pen just need a lil feather trim ?? I've heard the big fluffy cushion can get in the way of fertility. Worth a try anyway.

Julie [​IMG]

9. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    It's possible and we'll be trying that soon. [​IMG] We've had to do it the last two years, but we usually wait till we're in full swing for that.
    Thanks for the suggestion!! We're gonna get to that soon. [​IMG]

Stacy

10. chickhamm

chickhamm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    i have 4 buff orpington hens laying at this time. Here shortly ill be seperating them a putting them in with 2 unrealated orpington roos (2 pens 3 birds each). If you want to trade at a latter time after i check fertility id be more than happy to.

*smiles* also.......if you like baskets......im one hell of a basket weaver and am always looking to trade a nice custom made basket for some eggs. i used to trade all the time at art shows i was doing for potery and jewlery so.......why not eggs

chickhamm
    Theressa
    Creatively Woven Baskets
    GA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by