Bantam Cochin Mottled eggs 1 dz

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Jul 31, 2011.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    This auction is for 12 eggs from my Mottled pen. I have one roo with six hens. My hatches here have been going great but as always I can not guarantee a successful hatch once they leave my hands. There is always a risk with shipped eggs, though I pack them well to ensure a safe trip and no cracks.
    Below are some photos and you can see more on my website.

My birds live in a 10x10 tractor that gets moved every week to fresh grass, they have been eating lots of fresh bugs every day along with good laying mash, fresh veggies and are dewormed with red pepper flakes every 3 months.
    Happy bidding!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some kids from this spring.....
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I accept PayPal and will ship these out at the end of this auction.

Here are some photos taken yesterday day to show what live in while the hot months are on us. They have lush grass to eat and we have the nest boxes on the ground that we pick up every day where hoards of crickets come bounding out for them to eat. We pick these up several times a day when checking for eggs so they get a lot of bugs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The above hen is so beautiful and so sweet, I like showing her off. She used to be so dark but every molt shows more white on her. Her daughters start out very dark, too but lighten with age.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    If only I had the money! [​IMG]

They're gorgeous!! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Thank you! They are super sweet, too!

4. luckypickens

luckypickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Danville, AR
    Quote:VERY PRETTY BIRDS!!!

5. ChickcrazyCharlie

ChickcrazyCharlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Leesburg, FL
    Hi Amy, how are you? I know I've told you before, but they are awesome!!! I have a stong desire to bid on these. The trio is doing great. The girls are both setting, but the eggs aren't fertile. Take care and good luck.

6. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Good luck, Charlie! I know you want and need more of these!
    Trim the feathers from around their vents, you will probably get some fertile eggs then.

7. ChickcrazyCharlie

ChickcrazyCharlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Leesburg, FL
    LOL, You know I do. I was already thinking about trimming them and see if that helps. I named the cockerel, Speck. And Speck in doing his part. He sure is a pretty rascal. I took the eggs from the girls and their box, they weren't happy. I thought maybe if I won these I would put them under the girls. Spoiled chickens. They both went broody with in 2 days of each other. If not I will wait until they start to lay again and trim them. What a wonderful plan. hahahahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by