Bantam Cochin still not laying

eggzettera

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Eggzile and / or Utah
My EE started laying couple of weeks ago - she is averaging about 6 a week now (brown eggs wanted blue or green - oh well...). Got them as chicks @ Easter, my little bantam cochin is still not laying. Out of the 4 chicks I bought that were supposed to be pullets half ended up cockerel's - the EE cockerel had to be culled a couple of monthes ago
hit.gif
(tried to rehome through Craig's List & Freecycle to no avail). The reason I culled was because he was taking liberties with the bantam cochin & she did not seem too pleased about it. :thun He was older/bigger then the rest from the very start. Do you think that he could have hurt her.....he was like 4X's her size.....

Sophia (my EE) has been absolutely perfect. No soft shells, always laid in the nest box. She was out free ranging one day and I went looking for her (hadn't seen her for awhile) and I spot her walking out of the eglu, so I go look, sure enough 1 perfect egg in the nest. What a sweetie!
love.gif
From the very beginning she laid about every other day and a decent size. Thank's Sophia!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom