Bantam Cochin thread.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by caral07, Jul 24, 2010.

1. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I didnt see any thread for bantam cochin so Im starting one. Id love to see pics of yours.I will post mine in a few days.

1 person likes this.
  2. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Here are a couple of my splashes:
    [​IMG]

3. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    And here is Mr. Splash with a Serama chick roosting on his back:
    [​IMG]

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

This is Bug my 15 week old bantam mottled Cochin cockerel. He is a really sweet little boy, always finding goodies and calling for his ladies.

[​IMG]

And this is my 15 week old frizzled pullet Black Jack. I think she may not be a full bantam Cochin as she is a little larger than Bug and the only bantam Cochins where her egg came from are mottled. She hatched from an egg from a frizzled mottled bantam Cochin hen, but I'm not sure who her Daddy might be, but I think she is really pretty.

[​IMG]

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I need to get some new pics, but here are a few for now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HippyGardener and little-hen like this.
  6. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:Kelly, your Buff Barred looks great! What can you tell me about the hen in the 3rd pic, and the roo in the 4th pic? Love them both!!!

7. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Quote:I saw that your baby is dew soon! Girl or boy? Beautiful chickens by the way! I have one cochin mix but I used to have a beautiful Black Cochin :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <- She and her mate
    And my Mottled Cochin [​IMG]

8. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Kelly, your Buff Barred looks great! What can you tell me about the hen in the 3rd pic, and the roo in the 4th pic? Love them both!!!

Thanks! The hen in the 3rd pic is blue barred. The roo in the 4th pic was a random accident...he throws mostly regular barred babies when bred to black hens. I keep hoping for another one like him, but none yet!

9. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Sometimes those "accidents" are just divine! Here's a couple of my recent "Random Acidents". Both have the same mother, my Golden Laced hen. I waited 3 weeks after getting her before collecting what I thought would be purebred GLs, but obviously she was still fertile from another roo. I wish I knew what the sire was - I'd love to have more just like Calypso!

Jazz:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Calypso:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Quote:Jazz looks like he was sired by a MF roo. Was she around one of those?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by