1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Cochins... Does anyone have M&F pics? (PICS)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KellyGwen, Aug 23, 2008.

1. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Hi!

I have 3 bantam cochins who are a riot! One of them is 13wks old and the other 2 are 11wks old... They ALL have red combs and wattles... But I wasn't sure if girls got these too? I checked for pointy feathers on their neck but they are so fluffy it's really hard to tell! Here are some pics... But does anyone have any pics of confirmed pullet and cockerel BANTAM cochins that I can look at?

THANKS!!

This is my little white one... HER comb and wattles have grown since this pic and are redder... They look like the black ones "equipment" now...
    [​IMG]

Capone...
    [​IMG]

Napoleon... (This is the older one)... I feel like if this was a roo his comb would be a lot bigger by now?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I say the first picture is a pullet and the other 2 are roo's.

3. KellyGwen

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    But now the little white one has "reddened up" and is looking like the black one! (I don't have a recent pic of her)... I'll try to get one!

I'm planning on selling some of my cockerels... if these are all boys they are also going to be up for grabs!

4. KellyGwen

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Ok, I looked around online and this is what I found...

This is a bantam cochin hen... Very red with wattles, etc...
    [​IMG]

This is a roo...
    [​IMG]

HUGE wattles... my little Napoleon is actually closer to 15 weeks, he was older than my chicks when I got him...

I'm REALLY hoping that they are pullets... I don't want to have to get rid of them... [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one was called a "cockerel" by it's poster (not sure of the age though)
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by