1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam cockerels in Urgent need of home - Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Year of the Rooster, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have 2 Golden Sebright cockerels and 3 White Silkie cockerels that are in need of good homes. These chickens are from Ideal hatchery, and I received them on Sept. 4 so they are about 15 weeks old now. They are not show quality but look fairly nice as well. I really need to find some good homes for them and quick! The coop is starting to get crowded and I just know someone will start to get in a fight to the death. The sebrights are currently crowing, and surprisingly no fights yet, but I'd rather not wait and find out. As for the silkie, I'm positive they are roosters from their comb sizes, top-knots, and their body size/weight. $10 - $15, pick-up only.

If you have any question, PM me.

Thank you!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. dinahmay

dinahmay Out Of The Brooder

Even if your males are not used for show, they may be okay for introducing new blood into a flock. Check with "the real silkie chick" who raises bantams in PA.

3. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Thanks dinahmay. I will check in with him/her. [​IMG]

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Can you separate them until you decide their fate? I had two silver bantam cockerels who just started crowing and jumping on everyone in the bantam coop so I pulled them out and put them in w/the LF ducks since they can fly up to the second and third landings while the ducks stay on the floor area...hope this helps.

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    thanks dina for thinking of me and for the offer YOTR, however i don't raise hatchery stock. i got 6 bloodlines in my white silkies so i'm good to go on them. [​IMG] my flock is closed till spring no birds in at all unless i hatch them and i just hatched the last batch which is seramas till spring comes.

thanks again for thinking of me and i hope u find a home for all ur boys.
    silkie

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Ok, thank you anyways.

Anyone else?

7. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    These cockerels really need some nice homes...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by