1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Columbian Cochin Eggs $30 a dozen SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    These are excellent quality birds. They are bred by Tom Roebuck. I have two pullets I kept from last years hatch that are laying as well. Shipping is included in price.

These are beautiful birds but the eggs seem to be fragile. My incubator is full or I'd incubate them myself. This is a great opportunity to try for some. If you don't hatch at leat 3 chicks, I'll send you a replacement order for actual shipping costs.

The last dozen I sent, 5 hatched.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    B`````U``````T```FUL!

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

all I can say is... WOW. GORGEOUS !!

4. La Unica Farms

La Unica Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    backswamp NC
    Are these eggs still available?? Do you think you might have more eggs that could ship out next week??

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:How many breeders (hens, roosters) do you have?

6. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I have one rooster and four hens. One hen is feeding chicks so she isn't laying. One hen and one pullet have been laying consistently and one other pullet is just starting.

I've had a few people have miserable hatch rates. I understand the PO takes its toll and everyone blames that... scrambled yolk sacs... etc. but I belive that because these birds were bred so tight for show that embryo strength might have suffered a bit.

But, I am a good person [​IMG] and would never leave ya hangin. If you don't hatch at least three little peeps, I'll replace the order for free!! Others have suggested that it may have been just because it was early in the season. My older hen has already gone broody once this season so she's firing them out. I'd like to add that this hen is my best one. She has beautiful color... no speckling in her white and has great type. She has molted into a very nice bird. I wonder if Tom would've kept her had he known [​IMG]

I should be able to supply a few batches this Spring. I have a few on the waiting list but they aren't ready quite yet so, of course, they get first dibs. I also have a replacement order that will be going out in two weeks.

...so first person who posts "sold" on here gets them.

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I can vouch for these birds. I hatched some last year amd just hatched some more about 2 weeks ago.
    MSBEAR will treat you right.

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Never fails..... the bator is full and I have so much I want to get and add to it!!! [​IMG]

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    SweetGum, Im the same way!!! Im hatching a bunch on wellies for my chickenstock and then the babies start pumping them out [​IMG]

Thanks for the support, Lockhart [​IMG] Can you tell if you gotta a roo yet?

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Not yet, but the smallest one is named Tiny, seems "Tank" (smallest from first hatch) has a buddy. This one does the same thing, if it wants to go somewhere, head down and it just goes!

Ok, can't stand it. SOLD! If I can PP you tomorrow that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by