Bantam D’Uccle 5 Weeks, Pullet or Cockerel?

ChickyMama2

Hatching
Jun 16, 2020
What do you think?
BE1D33A9-BD79-49B4-AD4A-612B9B158717.jpeg

That’s an awfully Red comb for five weeks but I don’t see waddle development just yet. I would wait and see if maybe post pictures again in a couple weeks. We are going through the same thing with our Easter Eggers.

Managing a rooster is not hard. I know there are plenty of ways to make a rooster "nice" all over this site. Some say carry them arou d like a baby and pet them as much as possible.

The method that I use (and one that has worked for many of my roosters) is for the rooster to respect you as head rooster. The head rooster gets first of everything, food, water, ladies, best roosting spot. The head rooster also puts up with ZERO messing around from the less dominant roosters.
ZERO.
If you're going to be the one in charge, do NOT under any circumstance, let the roo tidbit you.
Tidbitting is a thing that a rooster does for a hen when they've found food and then want to mate. When a rooster tidbits another rooster, it's a challenge.
A challenge saying: Wanna fight? I can take you.

The head rooster would chase around whoever's challenging him and when he feels like the challenger has been sufficiently subdued, he might crow a little to show that he is still dominant.

I've mimicked the head rooster's actions as well as a human can, and in return I have had very respectful gentlemen who have never attacked me.

Managing a rooster is not hard. I know there are plenty of ways to make a rooster "nice" all over this site. Some say carry them arou d like a baby and pet them as much as possible.

The method that I use (and one that has worked for many of my roosters) is for the rooster to respect you as head rooster. The head rooster gets first of everything, food, water, ladies, best roosting spot. The head rooster also puts up with ZERO messing around from the less dominant roosters.
ZERO.
If you're going to be the one in charge, do NOT under any circumstance, let the roo tidbit you.
Tidbitting is a thing that a rooster does for a hen when they've found food and then want to mate. When a rooster tidbits another rooster, it's a challenge.
A challenge saying: Wanna fight? I can take you.

The head rooster would chase around whoever's challenging him and when he feels like the challenger has been sufficiently subdued, he might crow a little to show that he is still dominant.

I've mimicked the head rooster's actions as well as a human can, and in return I have had very respectful gentlemen who have never attacked me.
This is so helpful, thank you! To date I've focused my research on hens so your info here is my intro to becoming the head rooster. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom