Bantam eggs chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crooked stripe, Feb 25, 2009.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    We are hatching bantams and today was day 18 and we took out the turner. While doing so we heard chirping. Is this normal? I thought that day 18 would be to early. My bantams laid these eggs and where collected on Monday through Friday before we put the eggs in the bator on Sat. What are your thoughts. Might they be hatching early?

2. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    They could hatch as early as day 19. Sometimes the bantams do that.
    Good hatching![​IMG]

3. crooked stripe

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    Up date. One bantam hatched this afternoon. The only thing I can figure is the development started as soon as I collected them and placed them in the house. Must have been just warm enough. We will see what happens tomorrow.

4. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    what happens is what happens.
    chick pics!

5. crooked stripe

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    Pics will be comming. Another hatched last night. 2 out of 5 so far. As soon as they go into the brooder today I will post.

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ahh your so lucky! I'm on day 4 of my bantam clutch [​IMG] What are you hatching?

7. crooked stripe

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    Barred OEGB, Black Japanese Bantam, Black Red Breasted OEGB. I got the first 12 assorted OEGB hatching eggs from Meyer for a egg less Buff Orp broody. She hatched out 8. 2 White Crested OEGB's disappeared along with my Barred OEGB roo. He fathered the ones that where left. These eggs are from the pullet bantams that survived.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by