Bantam experts! Are they usually...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NYRIR, Mar 22, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Songster

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    slower to start? I bought 7 Bantams(my first) from TSC.(6 bird minimum and who could leave number 7 all alone? [​IMG] ) I THINK I got 4 Golden Sebrights and possibly 3 Mille Fluer D'Uccles?? They are tannish with reddish on the faces and some gray mixed in.They also have feathered feet and toes?Anyway,they were very sluggish for the first 2 days and I added some sugar to the water.They perked up some but not enough,so I went back to TSC (dangerous,right? [​IMG] ) and got some vitamin/electrolyte mix,added that and they seem much better.However,it is day 3 going into day four and I'm having to clean pasty butt 2 x a day?Should this stop eventually? Also,if anyone can post pics of their bantam Mille Fluer D'uccles I'd appreciate it a lot! Thanks [​IMG]

2. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Songster

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a d'uccle, don't know what coloring and she's about 3-5 days old

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Songster

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    What does it look like? Can you post a pic? I would post mine but my son dropped my cam and broke it [​IMG] I need a new one....

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think it's the fact that they're bantams....it's that they were shipped and ended up in the feedstore.....not the best start for a chicks whether it's a bantam or LF. My bantams that I've hatched are most times very perky and hit the ground running.

5. suzeqf

suzeqf Songster

Mar 17, 2011
    I'm not an expert all 4 of my batums are very active 2 are 2 weeks old and 2 are 1 week old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by