1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam experts! Are they usually...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NYRIR, Mar 22, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    slower to start? I bought 7 Bantams(my first) from TSC.(6 bird minimum and who could leave number 7 all alone? [​IMG] ) I THINK I got 4 Golden Sebrights and possibly 3 Mille Fluer D'Uccles?? They are tannish with reddish on the faces and some gray mixed in.They also have feathered feet and toes?Anyway,they were very sluggish for the first 2 days and I added some sugar to the water.They perked up some but not enough,so I went back to TSC (dangerous,right? [​IMG] ) and got some vitamin/electrolyte mix,added that and they seem much better.However,it is day 3 going into day four and I'm having to clean pasty butt 2 x a day?Should this stop eventually? Also,if anyone can post pics of their bantam Mille Fluer D'uccles I'd appreciate it a lot! Thanks [​IMG]

2. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I have a d'uccle, don't know what coloring and she's about 3-5 days old

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    What does it look like? Can you post a pic? I would post mine but my son dropped my cam and broke it [​IMG] I need a new one....

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't think it's the fact that they're bantams....it's that they were shipped and ended up in the feedstore.....not the best start for a chicks whether it's a bantam or LF. My bantams that I've hatched are most times very perky and hit the ground running.

5. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I'm not an expert all 4 of my batums are very active 2 are 2 weeks old and 2 are 1 week old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by