Bantam faverolle breeders

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stinkerbug49, Feb 2, 2016.

1. stinkerbug49

stinkerbug49 New Egg

Feb 2, 2016
    Hoping to connect with other breeders of the bantam version of the faverolles. I have blacks and blues. My stock came from a good friend who passed 3 years ago. I have raised some hens and two roos, but recently lost the smallest (bantam) like roo to nasty possum! Are there any more breeders of this version out there?????????? My friend raised rare breeds, marans, orpintons, laced wyandotes....she was a wonderful person. I started her on her chicken journey with silkies....one of my favorite breeds also. Hope to hear from someone who knows of a good source for quality bantams. Thanks and I really am learning a lot from this site.

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Leisha Comer in OH had blacks last I knew. So does Dick Boulanger in MA. I had blues a few years ago but passed them onto someone in AL (Charles Logan?). Leisha may recognize the name.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I actually answered you already on the Introduction to New Members section, but as I stated there, Beanwood Faverolles (http://www.beanwoodfaverolles.com/) breeds and sells Faverolle bantams. Hope this helps.

4. stinkerbug49

stinkerbug49 New Egg

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks to everyone for answering. I really appreciate your sharing your information.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    gorgeous, they sure aren't just "salmon" anymore

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Kate has outstanding Faverolles! I sure wish I had the financial ability to import some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by