Bantam "frazzle" Easter egger cockerel - Quad Cities IL

Meara

Songster
9 Years
Jan 23, 2011
Midwest
I have a very sweet little male who needs a loving home! We are located in the Quad Cities in IL.

"Mr. Peabody" is a "frazzle", as in he received two copies of the frizzle gene. This means his feathers are not only super curly, but are more likely to break off. I have also heard that frazzles may be more susceptible to health issues. So far he is healthy but small even for a bantam. It has taken him a very long time to feather out. He is over 3 months old now and still is growing in feathers. Note I did not breed him on purpose (his egg ended up in the incubator by mistake).

So far Mr. Peabody is all white, but he has some red colored feathers starting to poke through.

He had a happy and normal chicken childhood with he and his siblings being cared for by a broody hen. She led them around the yard and taught Mr. Peabody how to forage and watch out for predators. Currently he has been spending some of his time outside and some inside depending on the weather.

Mr. Peabody has a quirky goofy personality and would be a wonderful pet or addition to your flock. I have more pictures and video too for anyone who is interested!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom