Bantam Frizzle cochin 5 MOS. ROO OR HEN?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Here is my cutie who is 5 mos old (the splash). The two next to her are her buddies Mary and Kate...yes, her/his name is Ashley. I'm thinking hen but what do I know. The two are for sure hens...they are younger then the splash though by a few weeks. Her/his comb or waddles have not changed in the past month

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Fixed my photos...forgot to add the img around the link so they show up right away rather then clicking on the link. Sorry!

3. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Well, my frizzle roo is just going on 4 months old, and his comb and wattles were growing almost right away - I've known for the last 3 months that he was a he [​IMG] I'd guess yours is a pullet. Tiny's comb/wattles are probably as big or maybe a little bigger, and he's younger... She is VERY cute!! Here's a pic of Tiny so you can see...

[​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Whew! I hope ur right...I was thinking the same thing. I have a little roo about the same age as your roo and yes I have known for a while he was a roo too but her comb area just got SO red I got worried. I know she is getting ready to lay...she MUST be! LOL Thanks for the pic...what a cutie! I just LOVE the frizzles. I have two others and looking for more [​IMG]

5. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    compared to my cochins that age yours looks like a pullet, i could tell my roos for sure by 2 months (maybe sooner)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by