Bantam Frizzle hen, EE pullet and Silkie cockerel

Quail Newbie 3

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 3, 2015
I have a 2 almost 3 year old Frizzle hen, a 4 month old Silkie (almost 90% sure it’s a cockerel) and I just adopted a standard size 11 week old Easter Egger pullet.
IF the Silkie turns out to be a he, I will eventually have to rehome him.

After rehoming the cockerel, I will be left with the Frizzle hen and EE pullet. My hen had been alone almost 6 months after she lost her companion. We bought 5 Bantam chicks hoping to get some females. Can you believe we will be 5 out 5 for males? Anyway, someone offered me their EE pullet; I know they are different sizes. Right now, the EE is kept in a separate area; its been only a couple of days since the adoption. The Frizzle seems to ignore the EE while the Silkie is more interested in checking out the new chicken.

I’ve read some people say they have a mixed flock of Bantams and Standards. I don’t plan to get anymore chickens at this time, lol. Do you think the Frizzle and EE will adjust comfortably? Any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

There is generally less difficulty when integrating younger birds. Bantams and large fowl raised together generally do well. Silkies because of their different look and frequently obscured vision can sometimes become targets. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom