1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Guineas?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by farmerChef, Sep 30, 2011.

1. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    My Aunt wants to know if there are mini-guineas, I told her I dont think so, but I wanted to doublecheck on here.

She has a fasination with mini animals [​IMG] , mini horses, mini donkey, mini llamas, alpacas, babydoll sheep, dwarf rabbits, little dogs, bantams, etc....

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Quote:Not to the best of my knowledge there isn't... but I can save all my runts from next year's hatches for her if she wants to try to develop a new mini-variety, lol [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I asked the same thing about if theres Mini-Peafowl earlier this year and they said it was possible but would take 10-20+ years to actually have a true breeding mini size peacock/peahen.
    Its possible but it just takes time.

4. PeepsCA

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Quote:OMG I want one (or 2 or 3, a mini Peacock)! Way too cute!!!!

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:OMG I want one (or 2 or 3, a mini Peacock)! Way too cute!!!!

Thats why I asked! LOL
    It would so neat to be a mini size peacock!

6. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Quote:Ya know? I have a couple that came from Peeps that are about two thirds the size of their brothers and sisters. I betcha it would be so possible to develop a bantam version.... But breeding true would be another issue.

7. PeepsCA

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    perchie.girl :

Quote:Ya know? I have a couple that came from Peeps that are about two thirds the size of their brothers and sisters. I betcha it would be so possible to develop a bantam version.... But breeding true would be another issue.

Uh oh, sorry, didn't mean to send you any runts, that hatch lasted longer than expected, so the littlest ones I put in the box were the last to hatch and barely all the way fluffed and dried when I had to box everybody up in a rush and then haul butt to the post office to get them shipped out on time... I didn't realize there were any runts in the mix tho [​IMG]

8. perchie.girl

Uh oh, sorry, didn't mean to send you any runts, that hatch lasted longer than expected, so the littlest ones I put in the box were the last to hatch and barely all the way fluffed and dried when I had to box everybody up in a rush and then haul butt to the post office to get them shipped out on time... I didn't realize there were any runts in the mix tho [​IMG]

LOL... like i care..... Love my littluns love my BIGuns and love my InbetweenUNS.....

I have a pair of each.
    Littluns: Miss Peggy who is a light Lavender and a Pearl Male PeeWee...

InbetweenUNS: Are Pearls Miss Pearl and LittleBob.

BigUN: Miss Violet who is a Lavender and a Pearl Male BigBob

9. PeepsCA

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    LOL too cute, all with names even [​IMG]
    And looks like you have enough Pearl Greys to get a decent number of dark keets from their eggs next spring [​IMG]. If not, I'll for sure set ya up [​IMG]

10. perchie.girl

Quote:LOL.... that whole naming thing will end when the flock gets as big as I want it.... Miss Peggy will always be identifiable but I am going to band the others so I can tell my original stock from the rest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by