1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bantam hatching eggs fs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lannabun, Jan 7, 2008.

1. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    one doz 20.00 THIS INCLUDES... YOUR SHIPPING . below is a pic of the roo .. who will be the daddy .. the frizzle eggs are not in this deal .. if you would like some though email me or pm and we can talk ..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. tate

tate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    sorry to have to tell you but this rooster is not a cochin

3. He is a pretty boy, Lanna, but looks like a Cochin x Silkie cross.
    What are the hens?

Lisa

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It looks like a batam cochin to me. Standard and bantam cochins have feathers on their feet.

5. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:He has a smallish crest, dark skin pigment, and the wrong comb (cochins have single combs). I agree with Dipsy, looks like a Silkie X Cochin to me.

6. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    he could be .. i know though all his chicks are and have truned out like him .. a few i thought was nicer then him .

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Sorry I didn't make myself more clear. I was responding to tate who said he wasn't a cochin. What I meant was the rooster may not be a full cochin, but he still has some cochin in him. If he has silkie in him he will have extra toes. If he doesn't, he problably is not silkie. Maybe some polish. [​IMG]

8. tate

tate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    i agree he is silkie cochin cross cochins dont have a beard

9. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    He is so cute!
    I am going to put my Blue silkie ((who just crowed)) with my Blue Cochin! [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lanna, he is adorable! And this,
    If he has silkie in him he will have extra toes.

is not exactly true, at least not in every case. I have three hens whose sire was a Cochin/Silkie cross and their mother was a Barred Rock. They have the poufy head, which seems dominant, and almost always pops up with a Silkie cross, but they have only four toes and no feathers on the legs. They're beautiful girls and I wouldnt trade them for anything. Your boy is just gorgeous if you ask me. I do think he has Silkie in him. What a lovely color!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by