Bantam Hen has odd slime coming from her mouth?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tazman99, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Tazman99

Tazman99 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2012
    I have three OEGB's, 2 hens and a rooster, and one of the hens has a clear slime coming from her mouth, it seemingly had food chunks in it, and she is acting odd, I offered her some feed and she just passed it, the other two chickens would peck at the slime, and the rooster sneezes once a day, but that has been happening for a while and he acts fine.

What can I do? The three are currently living in my downstairs kitchen, and have been for 2 or 3 months, and tomorrow I am putting them in their new coop.

2. Mine of my chickens have the clear slime stuff coming out of its mouth but it acted fine I think it's because it ate to much or something bacause it seemed really full after that so it didn't eat much food

3. Tazman99

Nov 4, 2012
    I will keep watch on her, my mother may get Electrolytes tomorrow, as I hear those work.

4. Tazman99

Nov 4, 2012
    Alright, it seems most of the slime is gone, now it's just a little bit.

She is acting sort of slow, not really wanting to eat. If she doesn't start to eat by the time I get back from feeding the other chickens I will give her warm Oatmeal with honey and a bit of sugar water.

5. BinaryChicken

BinaryChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

i had a sebright rooster who did that just when i got back to my house. it was just a small bit though. almost like vomit. i think it was from the car ride though. was she just moved around?

6. Tazman99

Nov 4, 2012
    No, she hasn't been moved too much, I got them a few months ago, in late August, I believe.

I do move their cage outside sometimes, when I vacuum and if it's nice out.

7. BinaryChicken

BinaryChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

hmm im not sure then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by