1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Hens in Southern CA

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by dowdlauren, Jun 22, 2016.

1. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Looking for local bantam hens, or anyone willing to ship bantam hens to the Los Angeles area (Pasadena).

Seems like all I can find around me are silkies, or sometimes cochins and such. Used to like My Pet Chicken until they cut their selection, and can't afford the 25 minimum from larger hatcheries.

If anyone has any Japanese, D'uccles (other than mille fleur), sebrights*!, OEG of any color, OR knows places in my area that carry them, please let me know!

2. jaybud

jaybud Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2016
    Tehachapi, Ca
    You can try californiahatchery.com. No promises on availability but minimum order on bantams is 3

1 person likes this.
  3. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Yeah, I came across them, and they have a selection much like My Pet Chicken. I'm really interested in sebrights, which I guess no one has anymore unless they are big hatcheries...

4. jaybud

May 25, 2016
    Tehachapi, Ca
    There is a guy currently in Modesto trying to get rid of his silver sebrights on Craigslist.

5. jaybud

May 25, 2016
    Tehachapi, Ca
    Or tell ya what, I'm getting some golden sebrite hens tomorrow. I can sell u three of them. There about 2 months old. I'm up in Tehachapi if u want to drive.

6. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Jaybud, I will be in town later today, but if you're okay selling some hens, I'm definitely up to make the drive for them!

7. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Modesto is a bit further, and though I am open to a couple hour drive for those silvers, I'm also looking after my family and working so that drive is a bit much.

8. jaybud

May 25, 2016
    Tehachapi, Ca
    Anytime after tomorrow I'm open to selling them

9. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    So the 25th then?

10. dowdlauren

dowdlauren Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016