Bantam Housing

madamwlf

Nevermore Acres
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
Mount Airy, MD
I'm getting 25 assorted bantam chicks at the end of the month. I won't be keeping all 25 since some will most likely be roosters. I need ideas for a bantam coop. I have two standard coops for my big girls and I don't think my DH will be happy with more building. We built a temp coop during the summer and I may look into fixing it to make it a more suitable coop. Is there anything else I can use besides cruising CL for deals? Thanks a bunch!

I think browsing CL is a wonderful idea!! But....are you two coops close to eachother? What I'm thinking is that if they are you simply could just "fill in the void" with your bantam house...add to what is already there with materials you either have on hand, pick up from CL, or possibly from your local swap meet.

Depending on how many you'll be keeping, dog houses seem to work well for many folks, and don't usually require a lot of modifications. Or depending on how much space you have in the LF coops, divide one of them w/just a little reconstruction...
hu.gif
If you're not wanting to build, CL or your local freecycle is the way to go...

Try hitting up building contractors on job sites. They have wood, roofing materials, and Lord knows what else. It's all scrapped and hauled away, so it's up for grabs!

Back
Top Bottom