1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam (?) ID needed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marti77, Aug 13, 2013.

1. marti77

marti77 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2013
    UK
    Hi everyone,
    A day ago I hatched two small chicks out from two mysterious whit eggs. :)
    They're **** cute but I've got no idea what they are - they were originally to be scrambled but the eggs looked just too tiny to do the deed so they went into my incy...

Does anybody have an idea what they could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for the quality...

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Cute little chicks, do you have any idea where the eggs came from or any other hints that could narrow down what they are? And by the way, you are making me feel really bad about the scrambled eggs I had for breakfast.

3. marti77

Apr 20, 2013
    UK
    Oh... So sorry... I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, it's just I always seem to think whether an egg going in a pan could have been hatched... I'm an ex vegetarian who hasn't quite come to terms with eating eggs and meat again..

The lady had polish chickens and I was hoping one would turn out to be a polish but I don't think I got lucky on that...
    And that's all I can remember really :) although I thought I saw some sebrights ( which was my first guess on the brown chick but the colours don't seem right). I was also thinking he/she could be an old english game bantam...
    The yellow one... No idea

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    lol you have the two most common colorations that chicks can have when they are born. Unfortunately that means you will need to wait until they feather out for a couple of weeks before educated guessing can be done.

5. marti77

Apr 20, 2013
    UK
    Oh dear.... Sounds like a long wait. :-D
    Thanks for the reply. ;-)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by