1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam ID please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chiknlittl, Jun 14, 2016.

1. chiknlittl

chiknlittl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Florida
    So I'm 12 weeks into chickenhood and I'm not exactly sure what breed my little banty rooster is. Also I think I was misinformed that 2 of my hens were Aeracaunas bc they sure look like EES! Would love some feedback from the experts in here! Thanks!![​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. chiknlittl

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Florida
    Here is Ana ... EE or Aeracauna (or none of the above) [​IMG]

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Your cute rooster looks like a game bird. And your pullet is an Easter egger. Myself, I like EE more than pure Ameraucana. They come in lots of different colors and each bird lays different color eggs. Pure Ameraucana are like any pure breed, all the hens look alike and lay the same color egg. I like variety [​IMG]

4. chiknlittl

Jun 14, 2016
    Central Florida
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have another EE that is more golden/brown. I'm glad they are Eggers. As to Banty, forgive my ignorance but is a game bird a variety? He is the calmest of my 8, has a beautiful morning call and just let's us pick him up any time!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry, I think he's an Old English Game Bird, or OEGB for short.

there are a few different varieties of game birds, OE and American and Modern are the main ones that come to mind. And each of those types has a myriad of colors and strains, it's hard for me to keep them all straight. So I just generically call them game birds [​IMG]. I'm sure the game bird folks read my replies and want to [​IMG]

6. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    He looks like an Old English Game Bantam, but then again he doesn't. The coloration is fine but the back is long, the tail is low, and stance is off. Perhaps hatchery quality or something? Or Silver Dutch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by