Bantam ID please

chiknlittl

Chirping
Jun 14, 2016
Central Florida
So I'm 12 weeks into chickenhood and I'm not exactly sure what breed my little banty rooster is. Also I think I was misinformed that 2 of my hens were Aeracaunas bc they sure look like EES! Would love some feedback from the experts in here! Thanks!!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

welcome-byc.gif

Your cute rooster looks like a game bird. And your pullet is an Easter egger. Myself, I like EE more than pure Ameraucana. They come in lots of different colors and each bird lays different color eggs. Pure Ameraucana are like any pure breed, all the hens look alike and lay the same color egg. I like variety
smile.png

Thanks for the quick reply. I have another EE that is more golden/brown. I'm glad they are Eggers. As to Banty, forgive my ignorance but is a game bird a variety? He is the calmest of my 8, has a beautiful morning call and just let's us pick him up any time!

Last edited:
Sorry, I think he's an Old English Game Bird, or OEGB for short.

there are a few different varieties of game birds, OE and American and Modern are the main ones that come to mind. And each of those types has a myriad of colors and strains, it's hard for me to keep them all straight. So I just generically call them game birds
big_smile.png
. I'm sure the game bird folks read my replies and want to
smack.gif

He looks like an Old English Game Bantam, but then again he doesn't. The coloration is fine but the back is long, the tail is low, and stance is off. Perhaps hatchery quality or something? Or Silver Dutch?

Back
Top Bottom