bantam ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by soccerguy17, Nov 11, 2007.

1. soccerguy17

soccerguy17 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    washington
    i got these guys at a local auction on saturday and have no clue on what breed they are?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    EE's mabe

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The first one looks like a Dutch bantam, maybe Silver Duckwing? Not sure about the rest.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    2 & 3 look like EE bantams. I can see a definite muff/beard on 2 and green legs on 3. Not sure on 1 & 4.

Jody

5. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    #1 and #4 are old english bantam type, The male possibly birchen,or silverblue that came black(birchen), definitly a crow wing..the hen is some sort of sport, possibly silverblue or a poor colored blue splash..Dutch have white ear lobes, SilverDuckwings have a white wing bay..The other two hens appear to be D'anver/old english bantam as they are showing d'anver type, and one has the quail pattern..Just my guess

6. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    The first pic looks like birchen oegb, next 2 ee's,
    last one oegb??

7. usalbrechts

usalbrechts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    Second pic is a aerocona? how ever u spell that

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Pine Grove- good point..I didn't even think of D'Anver crosses for the 2 middle ones, but that is definitely a possibility.

usalbrechts - if you're trying to spell Araucana - they are definitely not those. Araucana have ear tufts and are usually rumpless. These don't fit that breed at all.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by