Bantam Light Olive Egger

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kadjain, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my young bantam pullets laid her first egg today and to my excitement it is a light olive color. The pullet is a total mutt of bantam Ameraucana, bantam Buff Brahma, Mille Fleur and Olde English bantam lineage. Can you spot it in the mix?
    [​IMG]

Next to my standard olive egg you can see it has a little more blue in it

[​IMG]

But next to a bantam light blue egg it looks olive

[​IMG]

Totally stoked!! ! I didn't think my egg basket could get any cooler...[​IMG]

2. janelle18

janelle18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My Coop
    You do have an awesome egg basket! Especially the one in your avatar picture!!
    I am waiting on two 'mutts' too start laying as well as two EE's. They are just taking their sweet time! I only have one EE laying so only get a blue egg every other day, luckily with my welsummers and icelandics i still get a pretty colourful collection!

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Nice! I love Olive Eggers!

4. Kadjain

Kadjain Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks!! ! I've worked hard to get a beautiful Easter Egg basket. When Easter comes I advertise them as "Natures Easter eggs with no need for artificial dyes". A church bought me out of eggs at Easter time last year. The darkest eggs in my avatar pic are laid by my Welsummers. What color do Icelandics lay?

Quote: Me too! Someone wanted to buy her but I didn't sell her because it was the middle of the day and it would have been too hard to catch her. I was also going to give her to my mom but then she changed her mind about chickens. So I'm lucky she is still here and now that I know she's not going anywhere!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  5. janelle18

janelle18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My Coop
    Icelandic's lay white eggs, they are not very big tho. My welsummer's also lay very dark eggs, which I LOVE. Chocolate eggs without the calories !

6. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    Prettty! Love the variety you have there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by