Bantam Maran breeders - Does anyone know of any?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JustBetsy, Jan 1, 2009.

1. JustBetsy

JustBetsy New Egg

Jan 1, 2009
    I've seen many references to Bantam Marans on the web but haven't been able to find any US breeders. I'm interested in either eggs or chicks. I'm located in California so, obviously, it would have to be someone who would be willing to ship. I'd prefer Cuckoo or Black Copper but will take ANY Bantam Maran at this point! I have several other people in my area ready to take some, as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Betsy

2. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
  3. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
    Sorry, Just saw you were wanting the bantams

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Pepper -- it's better to get your eggs from an established Marans breeder, rather than from someone who has had Marans for less than a year.

Betsy -- I know of a couple people who have bantam Marans, but I don't know whether they are selling eggs or chicks. The best place to look for them is on the Marans Chicken Club list --

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Marans_Chicken_Club/

5. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:Little peddler is persona non gratis, as far as the Marans club is concerned, but in actuality most Marans breeders have had Marans for less than a year.

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:I didn't say she should buy birds from "most" Marans breeders -- I said she should buy them from an ESTABLISHED breeder.

7. JustBetsy

JustBetsy New Egg

Jan 1, 2009
    Thanks, I've been checking the Marans Club and will continue to do so. I'd love to get the contact info for a few people who have the Bantams, even if it's just to chat. The rest of my chickens are banties so I'd prefer the Marans to be, as well.

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I'd like bantam Marans, too!

9. JustBetsy

JustBetsy New Egg

Jan 1, 2009
    If I find them, i'll post it up here!

10. dancesWchickens

dancesWchickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Davis, CA
    Little peddler is persona non gratis, as far as the Marans club is concerned

I've received 2 batches of fertile eggs from Brenda, and have hatched some absolutely lovely birds from them. I've found her to be perfectly professional, and she's a member of the MCA...why persona non grata???​

Last edited: May 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by