1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bantam or just small pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tuesdays chicks, Sep 9, 2010.

1. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I have 1 Andalusian 1 campine 1 lt Brahma pullet at 24 weeks all these girls are not even 1/2 the size of my bo hen. I'm not mistaken about age 1 started laying at 19 week and another last week. Should they be larger or is it possible they are bantam

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I'd guess bantams, especially if the brahma is that small, since they are a pretty large bird. Are you sure the BO is a girl, and not a rooster??

3. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Sorry didn't specify the bo is a full grown hen already. I just think the pullet should be larger.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Andalusians are not all that big, about the size of a LF game. They (LF Game hens) are about half as big as a LF hen like an orpington. The campines are also a smaller breed like the andalusians. The brahma, if LF, should be the same size as the orpington, so that one's probably a bantam.

5. tuesdays chicks

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:thankyou, the brahma is slightly larger then the other 2 but not by much and its hard to tell if its just all feather that makes her look bigger, if they dont get too much bigger I might not have to build a larger coop they all seem happy where they are at the moment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by