Bantam or LF polish?

AngBantamLuv

Bantam Chickens on a Pocket Prairie
May 9, 2020
Middle of Texas
So yesterday i got 4 polish chickens from tractor supply.. so of course i don't know their exact age, and they mix up all the chicks.. figuring anywhere from 3-7 days..

It occured to me though, my bantams are usually so tiny, they barely reach the water and food.. but i know polish have their own rules. So any input about whether these might be LF or bantams would be appreciated!

This one is much smaller than the others:
20210725_092708.jpg

The other 3 are the same as this one..
20210725_092837.jpg
20210725_092907.jpg
20210724_114802.jpg 20210724_191057.jpg

I think she already knows they are polish.😉
They look like large fowl to me. That is what is available in most feed stores. They are smaller than the typical standard chicken though. Females will weigh round 4.5 lbs, males about 6 lbs when grown.😊

I think she already knows they are polish.😉
They look like large fowl to me. That is what is available in most feed stores. They are smaller than the typical standard chicken though. Females will weigh round 4.5 lbs, males about 6 lbs when grown.😊
Shoot.. my last little polish from the same store was bantam (that turned out male).. actually all my bantams have been from the local feed stores. these were smaller than all the other chicks, but i know those were large fowl. 😔

I just meant that LF polish is what is available in most feed stores. Not bantams in general. 😊
I could be wrong. My two polish girls were so much smaller than the same age standards as chicks, and they are still smaller as adults, but they are not bantam.

I just meant that LF polish is what is available in most feed stores. Not bantams in general. 😊
I could be wrong. My two polish girls were so much smaller than the same age standards as chicks, and they are still smaller as adults, but they are not bantam.
Ok that just has me having to reconfigure house chicken housing.. im already attached 😆

I really need to work on the hyperventilating when i see chicks and take a little time to ask questions and breathe 😅

Ok that just has me having to reconfigure house chicken housing.. im already attached 😆

I really need to work on the hyperventilating when i see chicks and take a little time to ask questions and breathe 😅
I am lucky in that we have no feed store that has chicks, near me. Otherwise I would be coming home with chicks every week! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom