Bantam Owners...

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
How big are your full grown Bantams?? I know every "breed" of Bantam is different, but I can not get over how small my almost 1 week chicks are. They are 1/8th the size my Red SexLink girls were at a week...

Thanks
big_smile.png
btw I love pictures

Well, the size really depends on the breed and what the Standard Of Perfection requires of the breed. I have a bantam Barred Rock who is about a pound or two maybe. She is slight but looks heavier then she really is. Then I have two light Cornish bantams who are about 3-4 pounds give or take. They are large softballs maybe small basket balls! Picture a round ball with a long neck, a tail and legs and that is what they look like.
I too have bantam chicks and I have some standard chicks all the same age and those bantams are tiny compared to the Big Girls! I dont know yet what the bantams are, so it's hard to say if they are the correct size for the breed at that age.

Edit hit submit before I added some pics!

This is the Barred Rock and the Cornish. The barrdie is standing on their feed block so she looks a little bigger then the other two, but she is slightly smaller.:
006-2.jpg

This is the best pic I have with them next to eachother: The Cornish is on the left and the bardie is one the right:
008-2.jpg

Last edited:
My 2 week old Bantams are teeny! I have to put something around the wire cage to keep them from going through the 1 1/2 inch slots lol!!! My 6 week old Bantams are the size my Amberlinks were at a week!

Here is My Silkie with her babies when they were 4 weeks old.

DSC_0348.jpg

Thank you - love the pictures. We are still unsure what some of our Batams are, we know for sure 2 are Sultans and 2 are OEBs!! The rest are a "surprise" I guess..

My two tiniest babies are no bigger than a Kiwi!!

IMG_9115.jpg

I have Dutch bantams and they are very small. I dont have a good picture of them. And im not positive on how heavy they are. But i would guess around 21 ounces for the rooster and 18 ounces for the hens. But i am getting buff brahma bantams which are typically 38 ounces for the roosters and 34 for the hens. So it really does all depend on what kind they are. But they are all very fun and cute. I have a soft spot for miniature animals.
gig.gif

Wow, all the birds are pretty. I have no idea what mine are. I will post a picture when I can. I did get baby banties last week..... at least I think it was last week. They are ee's. At 3 or 4 weeks old they are the size of regular chicks at about 1 week old...... lol.

Here are my full grown pair
45848_3-19-11b_5.jpg

Look at the size difference from my New Hampshire Red. She's not that big of a chicken either..... lol.
45848_3-19-11b_17.jpg

Here are my new babies.
45848_3-16-11_b_6.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_3.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_11.jpg

45848_3-16-11_b_12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom