Bantam Phoenix Pair Indiana SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AWChickens, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I went a little crazy trying out different breeds in the bantam coop last year, and now that I've decided what I DO want to breed, this pair is for sale. Fawkes is a nice little rooster, 6 months old golden phoenix- protective of his ladies but very sweet with people. He's molting right now and a little shabby- but he'll just be gorgeous after the molt is complete. He was handled quite a bit and loves to be carried around- not at all flighty. The little hen is 5 months old and hasn't started laying yet, but should sometime in the next month, she's also been handed since she was a chick and is very loveable. Both have slate colored legs, $25 for the pair. I'll get pictures taken as soon as it quits snowing!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. AWChickens

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Here are the pictures I promised:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Nice looking birds. I have a rose combed black breasted red phoenix roo named Fawkes also. He is a year and 3 months old. (I like Harry Potter too and I have a EE roo named Buckbeak)
    Heres a pic of him and a pic of him and his girls and some of his offspring. The 1st pic is an older one of him after I seperated him from the rest of my flock at the time. He was fighting with my RIR roo and lost some of his hackle feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jayare

spelling error

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  4. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    I really wish that I could but dont really have any room to keep them saeparated from the others [​IMG]

5. AWChickens

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Pretty birds Jayare's Chicks! They are so flashy, and yes- I'll bet there are lots of phoenix with the name Fawkes out there, how can you resist? [​IMG]

6. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Just moving this thread up so Ajplmama can see these pics of some Phoenix to compare to hers.

Jayare

7. ajplmama

ajplmama Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Nova Scotia
    Thanks Jayare! I see some differences and some similarities. I think I'll wait to see how they finish maturing. I may never know exactly what they are. They are flashy birds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by