*BANTAM Polish* - 1 dz. + extras ~NEW PICS #9~

TurtleFeathers

Fear the Turtle!
14 Years
Jan 9, 2009
By the Chesapeake Bay
Hi all -

This auction is for 1 dozen BANTAM White Crested Polish eggs, plus extras.

These eggs are from my pen that includes a frizzled WC khaki cuckoo rooster and a smooth WC black cuckoo rooster over WC black, WC chocolate, and WC crested khaki cuckoo hens (all hens are smooth). I also have a young WC splash cockerel and a young buff laced frizzled pullet living in this pen temporarily, but I don't believe either of them are old enough to reproduce yet.

So far, eggs from this pen have produced WC black, WC chocolate and WC khaki (in both frizzles and/or cuckoos) for me, and for others who have incubated my eggs. Plus, I recently had a single solid white frizzled chick hatch here, so I know that at least my frizzled rooster and one of the hens carry the gene for recessive white.

My bantam Polish stock are all originally from private breeders that raise their birds for show. I myself, however, do not show, so I cannot say for sure that chicks from these eggs will be show quality potential, but I am hopeful! Personally, I raise my Polish purely for the enjoyment of the birds, whether it be my own or someone else's - and my breeding policy is to "breed the best to the best, and hope for the best."

My roosters are both VERY "active" with their ladies, and I have been getting 100% fertility rates here myself - but I cannot guarantee the viability of any eggs that I ship (due to circumstances beyond my control once they leave my hands). I will, however, pack these eggs so that they are snug and well cushioned in their box during transit, so as to maximize their chances of still being viable once they reach their destination.

I'm getting 3-5 eggs per day from my girls right now, which has increased dramatically in the last couple weeks. I will set aside all eggs from this pen during the next 7 days, and ship only the freshest ones next Monday. I reserve the right to delay shipping til Tuesday or Wednesday *just in case* I'm not able to meet the stated dozen (or provide extras) by Monday tho...

According to the USPS website, the rate for shipping their large flat rate box is $14.50. So I will start this auction at $5 for the eggs and $10 for the shipping just so I'm assured that at least the shipping is covered if only one person bids! (This is my first BYC *auction*, can ya tell? LOL!)

Pictures of some of my birds are available on my photo website at http://www.krsimages.com under "The Flock" (will add new photos as I have time to take them when the weather improves).

I hope this rambling message covers everything - if not, please feel free to pm me or post here with any questions! Thanks so much!

ETA: Sorry, I didn't cover everything - payments accepted via Paypal at [email protected]!

20890_nyhatchpolish.jpg

ETA (AGAIN...): I've already received PM's from several people asking about standard Polish eggs, so I thought I'd add that I have BANTAM ONLY AT THIS TIME (sorry!)

Last edited:
I have 4 of the OP's Polish eggs in my bator right now, due to hatch this weekend. All 4 have moving chicks inside (Yay), so fertility is very good
smile.png

I'm not going to bid but I want some of your eggs is there any way I can send you a money order for some preordered eggs?

Quote:
I'm thinking I might try a few auctions on these Polish eggs first and see how it goes, before I sell direct - but thanks for asking Pidgey! You're more than welcome to take a shot at these tho - you know the saying... You gotta PLAY to WIN!!!

Quote:
Great! Can't wait to see what you get! (and thanks for the plug! LOL!) I have 6 in my incubator as we speak - 4 due to hatch today or tomorrow and 2 on 2/3. Guess we'll see what happens!

I would but I don't have not money in my paypal account. Just used everything in there for a polish rooster from PA. Can't wait til I get him.

Quote:
Not if they're fresh, insulated properly, and arrive in a timely fashion. I received 10 serama eggs last January that sat on my front porch overnight in 20 degree temps and got soaked in a cold rain the next day before I knew they had arrived - still got 5 of them to hatch (which is pretty good for a shipped serama hatch even under the best conditions!). Plus, I never ship later than Wednesdays, so that they're not stuck sitting somewhere in the cold over the weekend.

Last edited:
WARNING: BEWARE OF CUTENESS!!!

Fresh out of the incubator this morning: (with bantam cochin chicks that hatched yesterday)

20890_1001_polish_2a.jpg

And here is the white frizzle chick I mentioned in the auction:

20890_1001_polish_white_frizz_2.jpg

O! M! G!

That little white frizzle polish chick is the cutest thing I have seen in a LONG TIME!!!

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Katie

Back
Top Bottom