Bantam: Red (with white) Cochin cockerel - 5 weeks old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ZooMummzy, May 18, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I'm 90% sure this little guy is a boy. His comb is getting a little pink and he is developing waddles. Not to mention he is way bigger than my other 5 week old chicks. He is all red with white feathering here and there. I'm not sure what is final look is going to be but I'm thinking pretty. This photo doesn't do him justice - he is camera shy. I am asking $5 to ensure he goes to a good home. I will not ship him but I am willing to work out delivery anywhere between Southern WA and Southern OR

[​IMG]

2. BluffCountryShepherdess

BluffCountryShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Houston, MN
    I'm no expert but from your photo, if that chick is five weeks old I'd say it's a pullet! I've hatched over a hundred bantam cochin chicks this year [​IMG] and by five weeks my cockerels have all had a LOT more comb and wattle than that little one.

Either way, a very pretty baby! I hope you find it a good home...

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I seriously hope you are right! I was only going off my other cochins at that age right now (no comb at all, nothing even close to pink) and the red cochin I have that is 10 weeks old. I'll keep my fingers crossed! and thank you [​IMG] Congrats on the hatches too. I just love bantam cochins. I have two little blue ones now in another brooder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by