1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wyandotte96, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Wyandotte96

Wyandotte96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Just wanted to start a thread to post pictures and discuss our birds. I have a small flock of 1 roo and 4 pullets from Jerry Powell. Hoping to get some Gary Underwood birds in Febuary.

Corey

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I would love to see pictures. I contacted a breeder of these just to find out he has stopped raising them.

3. Wyandotte96

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    I will try and get some pictures I have 2 broodies right now. As for the breeder have you contacted Gary Underwood he lives in Stockton Illinois I got mine from Jerry Powell of Ohio but I contacted Gary and may be getting some from him.

Corey

4. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Murray Mcmurray says that their birds are "show" type. I am assuming this is not true, but I could be wrong. Any insight?

Great idea for a thread!

5. Wyandotte96

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    From what I've seen they look decent but not the best. They would be good for county fair shows or just for fun but not in the big shows.

6. Wyandotte96

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Should have a few chicks hatching this week from my broody.

7. AraucanaAnnie

AraucanaAnnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Post pictures when they hatch!

8. Wyandotte96

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    If they hatch she was sitting on way to many then she smashed half of them.

9. Wyandotte96

Jan 22, 2012
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are my birds. 2 of the hens look nice the other 2 have not molted yet so there tail is standing up unlike the other 2 hens.

10. immyjay54

immyjay54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi,
    I just acquired a pair of Rhode Island Red Bantams and I've never had bantams before and just wondered if any on here are familiar with the line from Bill Ziehm? What is the background in this blood line if any of you know. I would really appreciate any information on these.
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by