bantam roo ID please...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gumbii, Oct 28, 2010.

1. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    hello... this is my first thread, and i got this roo a couple of weeks back... i want to know what kind of hen to get him... i'm a little confused... i can't ID him based on photos alone... let me see what you guys think...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i thought he was a lemon blue, and ended up getting him a lemon blue hen... but she is super dark grey compared to him... i was told he might be porcelain... i hope so, i love his colors... i also ended up recently getting a blue wheaton hen thinking they were a match... but he is not a blue wheaton... LOL... sigh... it's a mess...

your opinions are greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Blue brassyback..

3. gumbii

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    orly...?

a friend of mine and i have been using this website to ID our banty's... since we're just getting into the hobby... getting in pretty bad as well...

anyways... i thought he was porcelain, but now looking at them, he light grey body feathers have to have a bit of white in them... all the blue brassy backs seem to be way darker than thor... like these... http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin/OEGBCA/mods/usergallery/index.cgi?action=openalbum&album=28&albumname=Blue+Brassy+Back

but
    i dunno... he still looks pretty porcelain to me... http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin/OEGBCA/mods/usergallery/index.cgi?action=openalbum&album=2&albumname=Unrecog.+Varieties

bah
    i'm over it... i'll just tell everyone he's awesome... LOL... gonna try to get the lightest colored hen for him... but i never find anything good around here... looks like i'm gonna have to shop around the breeders...

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Nope, definitely not a porcelain! I have a porcelain OEGB roo myself, he's much lighter than that. I think your fella is a blue brassy back like posted above.

5. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Id say blue brassy back or lemon blue, either way hes sure pretty!

6. gumbii

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    cool... thanks...

now that i look at the pictures again, i think i photoshoped them too much...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    Ok, I'm going to say......blue duckwing....what ever he is I love it.......but will have to put watching this b/c I have 1 that looks like him....

8. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    he's very pretty!
    What happened to his comb in the last pics? Is that the same bird?

9. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Yes; why did you dub him???

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    A Blue Brassy Back would have slate legs not white legs.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by