1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam Roo with "Big Girl" ideas

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MrsChickendad, Sep 11, 2008.

1. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    Last evening the girls and the 2 Bantam roos were enjoying free range when the Junior Roo had the idea to have his way with one of the ISA Browns. It reminded me of when you are trying to mount a spoiled horse who won't stand still for you. The roo had her by the neck feathers, one foot on her back and the other one paddling madly trying to get her to stop running and cooperate. He is about a pound and a half, the object of his affection is about 6 pounds, so he was seriously outclassed. Unfortunately, I was all by myself laughing out loud, so thought I would share.

The Senior Roo (Senior by dint of temperament, not age) manages the big girls by waiting until they get settled in a dust hole. Gives him a leg up, so to speak ...

Amazing and funny critters . . .

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I have my Serama roo out free ranging with my big girls too and it is HILARIOUS! He tries and tries and tries! But can't seem to get on the big birds! He hangs on by the tail and gets swung around in circles! [​IMG] He is less then a pound. He thinks he's a BIG roo though...he doesn't let those big hens bother him in the least! He is the one beating on them. he has to go in his bachelor pad at night so he doesn't trap the girls in a corner and beat on them! [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    LOL! give him a little step ladder.

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

poor little roo!!!!

On the opposite side of that story, we have a tiny bantam hen that only wants our big Orp Roo!!! :|

6. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    [​IMG] Hilarious!

7. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    That's just too funny!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by