Bantam Rooster: Blue Quail Belgian d Anver OR Milli Fleur d Uccle

Albanydog

Songster
10 Years
Nov 22, 2009
Central Oregon Coast
Ordered chicks from Ideal Poultry back in October 2010. I have been looking at this guy grow up thinking he was a Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantam, as he grew I forgot about his feathered feet and since he looked the part decided he must be a Blue Quail Belgian d Anver Bantam. Now that his comb is growing nicely I see that it is not a rose and though he is not the correct color the only other breed I ordered that he could be is the Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantam, but he does not have of the multicolor and spotting?
Have I been slipped a strange bird or do the Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantams sometimes not turn out multicolored and spotted?

44883_2011-03-20_018.jpg

44883_2011-03-20_048.jpg

Last edited:
Hm, well with the single comb, the feathered legs, and the beard he is definately classified as a d'uccle. I agree the color is not mille fleur, not blue mille fleur either as he has no spotting.

I have no idea what color, and he may just be an accident chick of the hatcheries but he is gorgeous
smile.png

He looks like a hatchery quality Mille Fleur D'Uccle. He may still get some spotting as he molts and matures more. I will add this in... I ordered some OEGBs from Ideal and one has a crest so is not purebred. It is possible that your roo has something else in there too. His feet aren't as well feathered as what you would see with a pure D'Uccle and his comb is a normal single comb so I wouldn't suspect D'Anver but he does have more of a quail coloration right now. He's still a very good looking roo.

Thanks, he is beautiful and as he matures he will probably be one of my favorites. It does bother me that I paid for "purebred" bantams and a bunch of them look like crossbred mutts. Still waiting to hear from Ideal to see if they can identify him, they keep telling me "we are a family owned and operated business" and how they care about their customers and they stand behind their birds but they won't tell me how it is that so many of them don't look like the breeds or colors I ordered nor have they told me what this pretty boy is suppose to be. They did state "we feel it is best for you to find another source of poultry", as if I would trust them again.

Quote:
I figure he has to be a Milli, wrong comb for the Blue Quail unless they sold me a cross or had a stray chick mysteriously hop in the box, I just can't find any on their website that look like him. If not one of the 2 I ordered maybe a Buff Columbian d Uccle Bantam but still that isn't a match either. I have read lots of problems with Ideal lately but don't think I read anything about Ideal Poultry not selling purebreds, though I guess it would be hard to tell unless something obvious appeared in them or their chicks?

I have another Millie Fleur d Uccle Roo that came at the same time, and a hen, and they have the full coloration already, though they don't look like a matched set in any way, shape or form.
Would it be wrong to breed this guy to my hen and sell the chicks as purebred?

He looks like a golden neck d'Uccle, which Ideal Poultry sells. I have 8 week old mille fleur and golden neck d'Uccle chicks from Ideal Poultry, and I also bought 4 blue quail d'Anver chicks but 2 died due to shipping, and the other 2 don't look much like d'Anver, they have a single comb and and look more like the buff Seabright or golden neck Old English bantam that I also got from Ideal. Some of my chicks look like poor specimens for the breed so are not show quality pure breeds, but considered to be pet quality. 1 of the white Silkies I received came with and eye infection and later developed bald spots that the other 2 white Silkies also developed. Sadly lost 2 Silkies and 2 Sultans due to the stress of shipping, and 1 of the surviving Silkies has a cross beak. The 3 blue laced red Wyandotte bantams are extremely slow feathering that at 8 weeks are still missing feathers, and 1 that is a runt has almost no feathers and looks like a tiny plucked chicken, so his growth seems very stunted.

He looks like a golden neck d'Uccle, which Ideal Poultry sells. I have 8 week old mille fleur and golden neck d'Uccle chicks from Ideal Poultry, and I also bought 4 blue quail d'Anver chicks but 2 died due to shipping, and the other 2 don't look much like d'Anver, they have a single comb and and look more like the buff Seabright or golden neck Old English bantam that I also got from Ideal. Some of my chicks look like poor specimens for the breed so are not show quality pure breeds, but considered to be pet quality. 1 of the white Silkies I received came with and eye infection and later developed bald spots that the other 2 white Silkies also developed. Sadly lost 2 Silkies and 2 Sultans due to the stress of shipping, and 1 of the surviving Silkies has a cross beak. The 3 blue laced red Wyandotte bantams are extremely slow feathering that at 8 weeks are still missing feathers, and 1 that is a runt has almost no feathers and looks like a tiny plucked chicken, so his growth seems very stunted.
This is an old thread, but the original poster’s rooster is not a gold neck. If he was he would have a white tail and spots.

Ordered chicks from Ideal Poultry back in October 2010. I have been looking at this guy grow up thinking he was a Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantam, as he grew I forgot about his feathered feet and since he looked the part decided he must be a Blue Quail Belgian d Anver Bantam. Now that his comb is growing nicely I see that it is not a rose and though he is not the correct color the only other breed I ordered that he could be is the Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantam, but he does not have of the multicolor and spotting?
Have I been slipped a strange bird or do the Milli Fleur d Uccle Bantams sometimes not turn out multicolored and spotted?

44883_2011-03-20_018.jpg

44883_2011-03-20_048.jpg
What ever color d'Uccle he is, he is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom