Bantam rooster mating with full size hens

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MLWoods, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MLWoods

MLWoods Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Okay, from what I have read this is totally possible. I am curious who has experience with this. Does anyone have any pics they can post of resulting chicks or full grown offspring? We are going to get a bantam roo, we live in the city and cannot bother our neighbors with a full size boy. A farmer I know well has a quiet bantam she said she would let us have to help defend our girls, coop and FEED from the awful squirrels! I was just wondering what may result from everyone hanging out together....Thanks everyone, and looking forward to seeing whatever pics you guys can find!
    Lauren

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I had bantam roos before the ladies actual squat down so he can mate.

3. MLWoods

MLWoods Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    Cincinnati
    How did the chicks turn out? Any photos of the resulting birds?
    thanks!

4. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I don't think I have photos. but the chicks ended up mid sized birds, with small eggs.

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Imagine silkie mixes... A lot of times, they are crossed with much bigger breeds... My little idiot Fritz the Jerk is this tiny serema. He thinks he is much bigger... Just hatched a chick under a broody... and it's definetly a cross of him and a faverolle. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Mama hen is a bit on the kill you if you touch my baby side at the moment, so... gonna have to wait and see.

6. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I will get a pic of my Baby Gaga for you guys, she is silky and EE bantam mix. lays green eggs. and looks like a feather legged polish.

7. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

My bantam silkie roo has been fertilizing full size Polish eggs. I have some in the incubator so I don't know how the chicks will turn out yet.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by