bantam rooster with yellow and black waddle!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jbake, Jan 22, 2014.

1. jbake

jbake Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2013
    ok so my rooster has had this little yellow spot on the tip of his waddle for a couple of days now at first i didnt think much of it then today when i was going to take him out of his pen it was yellow more and then like a black scab and it looks like its filled with air or puss. he does have a heat lamp but he cant hit it its on the outside of his cage and he roosts if its a burn what do i do for it is it infected, i dont know any advice would be great ohh and he hasnt been vaccinated for mareks he 4yrs old i dont know if they can still get the shot now. also he has sufford an uprespitory infection when he was little and he wobbled and fell over is this like the past coming back. thanks for your time. and if you need pics just ask

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    A picture will help.

3. jbake

jbake Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2013
    ok thank you for getting back to me so soon its pitch black outside i will post a pic tomorrow. thank you.

4. jbake

jbake Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hope this helps. thank you again

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    That could either be a burn or some frostbite. The heat lamp may have been too hot, and when asleep, they won't move away. If you have some Neosporin ointment dab some on it, but don't massage it. If you can get a prescription from your vet for silvadene cream, that would be the better treatment--it is for burns. I would move the heat lamp far away, or take it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by