Bantam rooster ?

SilkieCRZYness

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Florida
When breeding bantams, pure bred that is, and in my case D'uccles, do i want to keep the biggest rooster or smallest? i know bantams are small. just wondering it might help me make my decision because i cant choose which boy to keep i love them all!! thanks

breed for whatever size the standard of perfection asks for.

However in concept, when breeding bantams the smaller the better, and with standards the larger the better, as a rule of thumb.

ok because i can only keep two roos, i have 12 hens, 3 would probably fight, ill try 3 for a while i guess but any ways between the two that i might get rid of, one is noticeable smaller than the other, they are the same age and the smaller one has a brighter/bigger comb than the other soo im pretty sure hes just going to be a small roo, which is i think is good because the standard weight for a roo is 26 oz so about a 1lb and a half full grown. man that is so small, im used to barred rocks and buff orpington 10lb rooster hahaha

when i ordered a few of these guys from ideal, the lady on the phone pronounced the d'uckles i always pronounced them d ussles or something like that haha ne one else know how to pronounce there name correctly.

Back
Top Bottom