Bantam Russian Orloffs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Gresh, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Does anyone know of a hatchery that sells fairly-decent Bantam Russian Orloffs? Or can anyone point me to some breeders who sell chicks/hatching eggs for cheap prices and ship to North Carolina? Please note that I would like bantam Orloffs that LOOK like Orloffs, and have the following defining characteristics: beard, muffs, walnut comb, stately carriage.
    I don't really care what color variety but prefer Spangled, White, and Mahogany.

Thanks!

2. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    I'm not aware of any out there. Of course, it's a big country, but I know most of the Orloff breeders.

3. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:I beleive that Rare Feather Farms has some.

4. saladin

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Quote:I beleive that Rare Feather Farms has some.

Punky,
    Do you know how they made them? I'm always interested in what breeds were used to bantamize large fowl. Just a hobby of mine.

5. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Really? Do you know of any Orloff breeders here in NC (or close by, say in Tennessee or South Carolina)? If I can find someone local who breeds pure stuff, I see no reason in buying from a hatchery or getting hatching eggs from someone across the country. [​IMG]

6. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    If you go on the orloff thread - there are some - I weant to say there is a breeder in Michigan and i think there is one here in Ohio

7. saladin

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Quote:Really? Do you know of any Orloff breeders here in NC (or close by, say in Tennessee or South Carolina)? If I can find someone local who breeds pure stuff, I see no reason in buying from a hatchery or getting hatching eggs from someone across the country. [​IMG]

Yes, I know the breeders in the States you mentioned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by