bantam silkie

happyk1

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2016
hi everyone,

I have a bantam silkie and he/she is 4 months of age but he/she is only 3 inches tall idk whats going on here..... I thought the breed would be bigger.... I just really want to know if anyone else has had a chicken so small. thank you

Hi I have 2 black silkies that r pullets and they r 5 months old. Of all my silkies these 2 r the smallest. Not much bigger than yours. Mine eat and drink and r very happy and as long as they stay that way I don't worry about them. I do have pics but I have to get out my laptop as for some reason I can't download them from my phone. I will do that tomorrow. Hope this makes u feel a little better

Hi and welcome to BYC - I hope that the peeps on the link provided can help out. I'm sure that there's a silkie thread - just type silkie in the search box and see what pops up.

All the best
Ct

Just put "Silkie thread," in the search box and it will pop up. I don't know if that is normal for silkies or not, have never measured any. But if they seem happy and healthy - all is good. It's like Chihuahuas you can have tiny ones, and there are also some that are in no way small. Depends a lot of their parental background.

Welcome
frow.gif
and enjoy the great community!

I love my 2 little silkies they r tiny also but that just makes them cuter. I have 4 pullets out of 11 my other 2 pullets r a bit bigger than them but that's ok too. Now how to rehome my roosters I have tried everything but unfortunately it's that time of year when everyone has them. Oh well

Back
Top Bottom