Bantam Silkies...**SOLD**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chicken_whisperer, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Chicken_whisperer

Chicken_whisperer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Must find new home! 6 beautiful silkie bantam chicks. 7 weeks old. 3 black and 3 white. Prefer to sell together. Experience with silkies needed. PM me for details.

Sorry, I can NOT ship...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    I'm "CW's" Mom--
    We have to find new homes for these guys and gals for a couple reasons...
    ONE: they are much higher maintanance than regular Chicks (washing/Brushing etc...) and because of the incident with the one that hit her head and had to be put down... Daughter and I would rather not have to allways worry about that since we have many other breeds that do fight with the silkies!

We aren't 100% certain on male/female ratio-- but do know that there is at least 1 male and female of each color--- would prefer to sell/trade them as sets of 3 or a set of 6 to anyone that would either come get em, or meet us 1/2 way on the "hand-off".

They are very sweet-- not all are quite "carrying" birds but a couple are quite spoild (as you'll see in the photo's!) the photo's are of "Snowball"... he loved all the attention of a bath, blowdry and photo session! He was asleep before we were thru (as you'll see!)

As soon as the batteries to the camera re-charge wil have photo's of at least one of the black ones!!

Thanks all!

PM either Chicken Whisperer or myself if interested!!!

Will Trade for Stars, Australorps, Aracauna's, Polish or Cochins!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Momma_Cluck

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    We REALLY need to find these guys and Gals a new home!

Anyone that is interested-- will trade for chicks of any breed, and meet 1/2 way for trade-off! (Michigan only tho!!!)

There are 2 female Black Silkies and 1 male--- 1 female White Silkie and 2 males .... either as a "full set" or in 2 sets of 3 (all one color)

Thanks!!!

4. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    where do you live in mi? I am in st.john's.I have 32 assorted banties that hatched out may10ish,I certainly don't need anymore roos but if you want to trade I have some cochin roos ...I don't have exper.w/silkies and am new to chickens but my flock have a very nice set up.They are all very tame and cute... frizzles,blacks whites,buff...and some mixes. i have about 10 roos that need to be thinned down

5. Momma_Cluck

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Thanks for the offer-- but we're trying to get an even trade-- as many gals/boys as we give... 3 each.

And we're WAY up north by Ludington....

You near Uncle Johns??? We spent MANY a wekend there every Fall till we moved up here in 1994! Sure do miss those cider donuts! [​IMG]

6. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    yep right by uncle John's

7. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Well darn it! I'd take them in a heartbeat if we were closer! We have friends in Pentwater, and they were just down last weekend for a visit! They probably would have brought them to us! We'll be up to visit them in November, but I'm sure that's too long to wait. I'm sorry we can't help you out!

8. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Bathing, and especially brushing, is absolutely not required to keep a silkie, they are about the same amount of work as any other breed, just a bit more suseptible to brain damage due to the hole in their skulls. Pretty much the only time you'll hear about people bathing/brushing silkies (or any chicken for that matter) would be to prepare for a show. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by