Bantam Sized Egg Boxes

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheBantamBox, Jul 25, 2015.

1. TheBantamBox

TheBantamBox Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2015
    Hi Bantam keepers

I am new to BYC and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim and I am a keeper of Pekins. Over the last few months I have been designing a Bantam sized egg box to snugly fit our Bantam eggs rather than them rattling around in standard boxes. I am hoping to sell the boxes online and would be interested in peoples thoughts on this product?

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Welcome to BYC!

That is an awesome invention! I bet a lot of people who use them, as more and more people in cities and suburbs are keeping bantams for eggs and of course there is shipping hatching eggs.

Best of luck with your plans! [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Kim

Glad you could join the flock! What a great idea! I have bantam polands and their eggs are a little small for my standard boxes so your idea of smaller is fantastic.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your design and enjoy BYC :frow

4. TheBantamBox

Jul 25, 2015
    Wow thank you for your positive comments I must admit I am super excited about my little boxes. [​IMG]

My website for buying them is under construction www.thebantambox.co.uk people can register their interest so that when I get my delivery I can contact them to say they are available. Here is some basic photos of my prototype so that you can get an idea what they look like compared to a standard box. I went for good quality boxes they are nice and sturdy and in a neutral colour to start. I will also be looking to sell labels that people can customise to put on their boxes [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TheBantamBox

Jul 25, 2015
    Thank you for your comments I am waiting for approval from BYC so that I can show you some basic pics of the box and my website address which is under construction. Super excited [​IMG]

6. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    [​IMG] Such a good idea wish you welll [​IMG] - they are very small eggs ?

7. TheBantamBox

Jul 25, 2015
    Yes my Bantams lay eggs between 30g-42g which I believe is the upper weight limit for a Bantam egg certainly for show purposes anyway so I have read.

I don't show my eggs or chickens they are for petting by myself and two children! Along with the 9 rabbits, 4 guinea pigs and the dog [​IMG]

The box has been designed to accommodate these weights of egg therefore stopping them from rattling around in the cells! The very small eggs will still move a bit as ideally you would have 3 boxes to fit small medium and large within those weights but that would of cost a fortune to make! The box is super cute and looks lovely compared to a standard box! [​IMG] It even feels nice as it is good quality.

8. TheBantamBox

Jul 25, 2015
    Yes the box fits eggs 30-42g maybe slightly bigger but 42g is the upper limit for a Bantam egg [​IMG]

9. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    @TheBantamBox are you in the UK?

10. TheBantamBox

Jul 25, 2015
    Yes I reside in Norfolk [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by