Bantam ... Something? Please help identify.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BantamBabesFarm, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BantamBabesFarm

BantamBabesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Gloucester, VA
    I can't find my other post, and she looks a little better now that she has settled and I took better pics of her... or him. I don't know that either.

I got her from a lady that said she was from the bantam bin at TSC. She is as big as a 1-2 week old silkie chick and she herself should be around 1-2 weeks old.

Thank you. Again, im saying "She" but I have no idea if its a pullet. Also what color is She/he? Also... it would be great!!! If you can post a picture of the chicken / chick you think she is so I can compare myself. Thanks!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BantamBabesFarm

Feb 21, 2012
    Gloucester, VA
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Same size as a two and a half week silkie chick. It is also the same age.

I called Mt. healthy and the only thing it could be is what they call "Mille Fleur" Which to them is a breed. I told them yes, that is a color, but what breed is it she kept saying Bantam Mille Fleur.

:( Really want to know...

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Might be a golden laced batam. :thumbsup

4. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    The wing tips look a lot like my Buff Brahma Bantum...but no feathers on the legs, so I have no clue....but it's adorable [​IMG]

5. 2d1k21c

2d1k21c New Egg

Apr 8, 2012
    Almost looks like a Golden Sebright. Very cute though!

6. BantamBabesFarm

Feb 21, 2012
    Gloucester, VA
    Thanks all. I will add a new pic tonight or tomorrow.

I just am so stumped. [​IMG]

It kinda looks like a bantam RIR, but... I called and they said no that wouldnt be in the assorted bantam bin.

7. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    lol I know its hard to wait... but it looks like you will just have to wait till this ones older to solve the mistery.

But hey.. she might suprise you!

One that I was SURE was another *grumbles* black cochin from TS.... turned out to be a golden laced instead ;)

8. Korban757

Korban757 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    I have one that looks just like yours, got her from TSC too. I was leaning towards a rir but if the hatchery doesn't have rir I'm excited to see what they will be!

9. BantamBabesFarm

Feb 21, 2012
    Gloucester, VA
    Korban - Do you have a picture?

Yeah... UUUUUGH I hate waiting lmao but I guess that's what makes things really fun and worth it in the end :)

10. BirdyMe

BirdyMe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aww, she is a pretty little baby!

Thought I'd mention- you're right, Mille Fleur is a color. The bantam breed d'Uccle is commonly called a Mille Fleur. I suppose it's because Mille Fleur is a common color for d'Uccles. [​IMG] The person you were talking to was probably talking about a d'Uccle. However, d'Uccles have feathered feet- and your baby doesn't. I'm kind of stumped on her. x) But I am with 4-H Chicken Mom on the color- she looks like she'll be a Golden-laced something. :)

Keep us posted! It'll be interesting to see what she is! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by