Bantam Sumatras?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BeardedLadyFarm, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Can anyone tell me about them, and where I might track down some good ones?

I used to not care for the looks of Sumatras at all, but now I LOVE them. Go figure.

2. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I may have already answered my own question... But still, chime in if you know more!

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    There seems to be a Sumatra buzz started, this is the third sumatra related thread I've saw started this week.

Is Boggy Bottom Bantams the one you found? He is here in South Ga. and currently has some very nice blue and black bantam sumatras and he has a dun hen so he will hopefully be shelling out Duns, Khakis, and Platinums in the next couple years.

4. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:Ha ha. I must have subconsciously seen that. Yes, BBB is who I found, just 2 minutes after I posted. I didn't know I wanted Duns too, but now I do!

Actually I have some pure chocolate Seramas, and I'm wanting to play around with several black chicken breeds. I'm sure getting the tail to go from vertical to horizontal will take 100 years, but hey, I'm a patient guy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by