1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantam WCB Polish, gender confusion??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cochinfan05, Jun 5, 2016.

1. cochinfan05

cochinfan05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Thought it would be fun to add some WCB Bantam Polish to the flock this year. So far they're cute, inquisitive, funny little birds......but there gender has me stumped!
    [​IMG]
    Chick #1
    This one has always had a slightly different looking crest. It also is kind of the loner of the bunch.
    [​IMG]
    Chick #2
    [​IMG]
    Chick #3
    #2 and #3 are always together, and it's difficult to tell them apart.
    [​IMG]
    This is #1 and #2 together, #1 is on the right.
    For what it's worth they are 7-8 weeks old and came from Ideal Poultry. Thanks everyone for taking a look!!!

2. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Maybe to young???

3. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Do the combs ever redden up on these guys. All three have noticeable wattles, hopefully I have at least one pullet out of the group.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I'm leaning towards two cockerels because of the redness of the wattles (no I don't think their combs get very big) but I thought I heard Polish hens have rounder crest (like your second one and third one) and cockerels have a more pointy crest (like you number one), so I'm not sure. But then I'm no Polish expert so I would get a second opinion!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  5. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Thanks for the reply! These guys really have me confused. I guessed it was 1 cockerel and 2 pullets.......now I'm not so sure[​IMG]

6. mypetsrchickens

mypetsrchickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2016
    North Carolina
    We have 2 WCB pullets that are 11 weeks old. They don't have wattles at all and no combs either. I'd say if you've got some with wattles they are probably cockerels.

7. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Could you possibly post pics of yours? I'd love to have a comparison. All 3 have wattles.....

8. mypetsrchickens

mypetsrchickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2016
    North Carolina
    I'm at work right now. I'll try to remember to get some pictures of them tonight.

9. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    I'd really appreciate it! Thanks

10. cochinfan05

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Just some updated pics.......unfortunately with these wattles I'm thinking 3 Roos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These guys will have to go if they're all boys, maybe I'll try again next year.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by