Bantam White Crested Black Polish, MD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crunchie, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I have several gorgeous little WCB Polish bantam roosters for sale. These guys were all hatched from eggs I recieved from a very reputable show breeder. I wasn't planning on selling any of them yet, as I wanted to wait 'till they were a little older and I could really tell which ones I wanted to keep for breeding--but I just have too many. I have at least a dozen. [​IMG] Nobody needs that many roos!

I can't tell at this point exactly what these guys will grow out like, but you may get show quality birds. Any of them would be at least breeder quality. I am having a very, very hard time deciding which ones to keep myself! I had a great hatch with these eggs and every single chick that hatched was lively, vigorous, and has grown into a very nice young adult. If I could keep them all, I would.

I am NPIP certified. $5 each for the roosters--will discount that if you want more than one. Sorry, I can't let any of the pullets go right now--I hatched far more roosters than hens. I am located in southern Maryland, about an hour south of D.C., but am willing to bring birds along if I happen to be travelling to a more convenient location for you. I will consider shipping, but it is very hot here right now so I'm not sure I want to go that route.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. dunlea421

dunlea421 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2008
    Noth central maryland
    Hi,
    Do you know what breeder. I live in marylnad (sold you some eggs) and might take one.

Jeremy

3. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Hi Jeremy! Yep, I've got several nice WCBs running around here from those eggs I got from you earlier--and one little Tolbunt, it's the cutest thing!

These are from Larry Glenn, in Alabama.

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Those are beautiful! Wish I lived closer as I would surely buy a few from you. I tried eggs off ebay but they did not hatch:( I am going to be waiting until next spring to try eggs again or I might find a 4-H or FFA member around here looking to sale a few during fair time. Good Luck!

5. dunlea421

Feb 13, 2008
    Noth central maryland
    Hi,
    I have some WCB Bantams from Rick porr in PA, but not larry gleen (thought he only did laced varities).

Jeremy

6. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I hear Rick Porr's name a lot. Yep, Larry has WCBs--blues, too. I also got some of his blue/black eggs, but I only ended up with 2 blues out of the bunch so I need to hold on to those! [​IMG] If you do want a WCB roo, just let me know. I know you guys aren't too close to me, but we could probably work it out to meet somewhere more in the middle sometime.

Farmgirlie, thanks! Though I can't take any credit for them, all I did was hatch 'em, but I have been very pleased with them. I might offer eggs occasionally next spring, once I have a couple of breeding pens set up with them. I've got a couple of blues, too, so what I plan to do is have at least one pen of blues/blacks, in addition to an all black pen.

7. dunlea421

Feb 13, 2008
    Noth central maryland
    Actually did a recounting today and found that I have a White creted black roo.thought i only had blues and splashs (thats all I seem to get)

Jeremy

8. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey Jeremy,

That's cool! Well, all I hatched was blacks...[​IMG] Out of 20 birds, I only got 2 blues. Also, apparantly all I hatched was roosters! [​IMG] That seems to be par for the course around here, though.

9. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    awww how pretty !!!!

10. dunlea421

Feb 13, 2008
    Noth central maryland
    hatching roosters is a MD thing.

Jeremy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by