Bantam with blue legs and ear lobes?

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I have posted this guy on here before as a chick and once he (?) feathered out, and no one has ever had any conclusive answers about what he is.

I know it's a pure bred bantam, I got it from a guy who shows several kinds of bantams and has them all separated in closed pens by breed and color. So the chick isn't mixed.

Now that Cracker Jack has feathered out, he is growing blue ear lobes. He also has light blue legs. His body is solid buff, no other colors. (I'm not 100% sure it's a roo.)

I need to take updated pictures, but here he is about a month ago:

625426888_LfcJr-M.jpg

Now he has blue legs and blue ear lobes. If it ever stops raining I'll take an updated picture!

When I googled, the only bantam I could find with blue legs and ear lobes was a dutch bantam, but none of them are solid buff colored like my chick!

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I only had his email address and I can't find it, otherwise I would just ask him! He gave my daughter two tiny white eggs to hatch for her birthday, he was a random stranger we met.

solarquail

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
Virginia
ok well give it some time let it grow up some and get its colors then try posting it back on here id love to help but i have no clue
sad.png

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Here are two new pictures. He escaped into the big chicken pen and was trying to mate the big hens, and the fat old marans rooster beat him up a little...so excuse the shaggy tail feathers and the bloody peck marks.
roll.png

676180094_mBRMA-M.jpg

676178531_xqMYv-M.jpg

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
The guy definitely didn't have Silkies. He had Japanese, Serama, Sebright, and something else that I can't remember.

I think the chick looks similar to a red pyle dutch bantam, maybe.

HKCPyleF.jpg

HKCPyleM.jpg

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom