Bantam with blue legs and ear lobes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andora, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I have posted this guy on here before as a chick and once he (?) feathered out, and no one has ever had any conclusive answers about what he is.

I know it's a pure bred bantam, I got it from a guy who shows several kinds of bantams and has them all separated in closed pens by breed and color. So the chick isn't mixed.

Now that Cracker Jack has feathered out, he is growing blue ear lobes. He also has light blue legs. His body is solid buff, no other colors. (I'm not 100% sure it's a roo.)

I need to take updated pictures, but here he is about a month ago:

[​IMG]

Now he has blue legs and blue ear lobes. If it ever stops raining I'll take an updated picture!

When I googled, the only bantam I could find with blue legs and ear lobes was a dutch bantam, but none of them are solid buff colored like my chick!

2. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    maybe its a cross.

3. solarquail

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    oh whoops didnt relize your statement about it being mixed above. uhm have you thought to call that guy up and ask him?

4. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I only had his email address and I can't find it, otherwise I would just ask him! He gave my daughter two tiny white eggs to hatch for her birthday, he was a random stranger we met.

5. solarquail

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    did you ever email him?

6. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    No, the paper with his email address has long since disappeared! The chick hatched on July 18, so it was awhile ago.

7. solarquail

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    ok well give it some time let it grow up some and get its colors then try posting it back on here id love to help but i have no clue [​IMG]

8. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Here are two new pictures. He escaped into the big chicken pen and was trying to mate the big hens, and the fat old marans rooster beat him up a little...so excuse the shaggy tail feathers and the bloody peck marks. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My guess would be Silkie-Japanese cross

10. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    The guy definitely didn't have Silkies. He had Japanese, Serama, Sebright, and something else that I can't remember.

I think the chick looks similar to a red pyle dutch bantam, maybe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by