Bantam Wyandotte - Rare Crele and Barred Colors 8+ eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Joycats, May 20, 2011.

1. Joycats

Joycats Chillin' With My Peeps

These are beautiful and sweet natured little birds. They make great mothers and readily raise their own chicks. Wyandottes have a rosecomb and a well rounded body supported on stout legs. The cocks weigh 30 oz and hens weigh 26 oz. I have the very rare crele color as well as barred. There are only crele roosters in my breeding flock with crele hens and barred hens. Fertility has been 95% and better here. I have 4 hens sitting on eggs right now and my incubators are full. This is a special opportunity for someone who appreciates it to have some of these beauties. The partridge color hen shown in the pic below is no longer in this breeding pen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Very pretty! [​IMG]
    Love the color.

3. bobby d

bobby d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Very beautiful birds, I was just reading last night how to make both varieties, and actually moved my birds around this am to start making barred's!!

4. Joycats

Quote:Would you mind sharing the article that you were reading? I would love to see it, haven't been able to find much info on these colors. Thanks!

And thanks to both of you, I think these birds are beautiful and the pictures do not do them justice.

5. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    I hatched some eggs from these and got a chick that looks just like the gal in the main picture! She is beautiful with a calm, inquisitive nature. If i had some extra money, I would be bidding right now to win more of these! [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Absolutely beautiful birds. Congrats and good luck to you in this breeding project, it is a worthy one indeed.

7. Joycats

Quote:Did you hatch my eggs? These birds have such a friendly nature and they make great mothers. I'm amazed at how calm they are as broody hens. I can pick them up and check the eggs/chicks without getting pecked. They are wonderful birds.

8. Very pretty birds ,I really Love this colour ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by